Close Encounters of the 1916ᵗʰ Kind


Gerry Adams raised the still beating heart of SkraK V’roul and unleashed a victorious roar that could be heard half way across the galaxy. Below him lay the corpse of the planet killing spider demon, its 9 trillion red eyes gazing lifelessly at its bearded conqueror.

The deafening sound of clapping and cheering filled the colosseum. The crowd suddenly became silent as a high pitched voice announced:

“Earth warrior. You were selected by our wise elders as the best of your kind. You have not disappointed us. Name anything your heart desires. If it is within our power to give, it is yours.”

“There are only six things I desire…..but they are not yours to give. They were stolen from my people and must be taken back by force.”

“Then we will help you. Ladies and Gentlemen, I hope you have enjoyed our show today.”

Gerry felt his whole body tingle as he was beamed from the asteroid colosseum to the nearby spaceship in orbit, where the Qfxgbdnlyp elders were gathered.

“Welcome aboard noble Gerry of the House Adams” announced the leader of the Qfxgbdnlyp elders. “That was an AMAZING showdown if I do say so myself. Our ratings will be through the roof! I won’t lie, part of me was worried SkraK V’roul would make short work of you, which would have made for a very boring episode. After all, he has destroyed 18 planets and over 100 billion poor souls. But some of those things you did, I’m still not quite sure what I saw with my own three eyes!”

“I learned most of them from the IRA.”

“Oh yes you mentioned them several times when we kidnapped you. You were their leader?”

“I am not, nor have I ever been, a member of the IRA”

“I’m confused”

“It doesn’t matter.

“Anyway we hope there are no hard feelings for abducting you. Our reality shows are harsh but fair. You won your battle, so you keep your life and we will help you with whatever it is you need. Name your price.”

“My people are suffering greatly. One year ago a no deal Brexit destroyed the hard won peace in my country. A steel wall was built between the six counties and the Republic of Ireland, causing war to erupt between the Catholics and Protestants in the North. The conflict escalated, with the rebirth of the IRA and the UK declaring war on the Southern counties. Since then, millions have perished, law and order has broken down and our economy is ruined. Many towns and villages are now under the control of the TV licence inspectors, and no longer have access to any websites or channels except RTE 1 and RTE 2.”

“So you want us to give your people access to own television shows, so they can watch something other than this RTE?”.

“No, I want to fix my country. I want to make it so the British never set foot in Ireland and conquered my brethren. I overheard your people have technology that can manipulate spacetime. I would like to travel back 850 years to the Norman invasion and use your spaceships to destroy their armies before they set foot on Ireland’s shores.”

“I’m deeply sorry, this technology is still in its infancy. It won’t currently allow us to travel forward in time at all and we have only been able to travel backwards about a century into the past at most.”

“That’s ok, I have another idea.”

***********************Wednesday 26th April 1916************************
Padraig Pearse took cover as the shelling of the GPO continued.

Someone close by roared: "The Brit bastards have sent a battleship down the Liffey but today is not the day we die!"

"Stupid cunt" thought Pearse. He just wanted the fighting to stop so he could go home, this wasn't going at all like the others said it would. Several days of alternating between periods of intense violence, fear and boredom left him and his men smelling of sweat, shit and cum. 

Suddenly there was a flash of green light from followed by a strange electrical sound. The shelling stopped. After half an hour of dead silence, Pearse and his some of his men moved cautiously out of the GPO to investigate. 

A large number of British soldiers were kneeling on the ground with their hands above their heads. Beside them was one the strangest looking creature Pearse had ever seen. It was four feet tall, vaguely humanoid with three eyes, five arms, no clothes and six erect penises which were constantly changing colour.

A bearded man with haunting eyes stepped forward and spoke:

"A chara, it is an honour to meet the patriots of the Rising. This will be difficult for you to process but myself and my friend are from the year 2020. We have come back in time to save your revolution from defeat. The Ireland of my time is a divided and dark place still hurting from the actions of the British. I have fought demons beyond your imagining to come here and change that. I want to work together to create a new Ireland, where all 32 counties live in harmony, where there's no war, no poverty and no need to meet your mortgage repayments. Pearse, you are one of my heroes. I will follow your advice and listen to your wisdom. Where shall we start?"

Pearse sniffed his clothes: "Can I go home now?"

Gerry paused. "Em of course. We will catch up later."

After Pearse had left, the Qfxgbdnlyp leader turned to Gerry: "Well, what do you plan to do now?"

Gerry glanced around at the group of British soliders kneeling on the ground, too terrified to move, and replied:
"Exactly what I did to SkraK V’roul and payback for over 800 years of misery"

Throughout the night, the sound of shooting across Dublin city was replaced by the chilling sound of British screams and deep maniacal laughter.

A terrible beauty was born.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ireland 2038: 20 Years after Repeal of the 8ᵗʰ Amendment